Have a look at biolitec®‘s trendsetting laser systems for minimally invasive organ- as well as function-preserving treatment of benign thyroid noduls.
During the laser thermal ablation, similar to a biopsy with ultrasound monitoring, the special ThyLA fiber is introduced into the thyroid nodule to coagulate the nodular tissue through selective radiation. The method is the so-called “multiple overlapping shot technique” (moving shot technique) ‒ to enable a homogeneous and controlled penetration depth and, at the same time, an excellent ultrasound view: The ThyLA fiber is replaced intranodally after each pulse. Thus, multiple coagulative necroses are placed, and the entire nodule is treated.
For more information about the next congress for Thyroid Treatment in 2024, please click HERE.
- High effectiveness, reduction of the nodule volume by about 50 % after three months
- Outpatient treatment
- Protection and preservation of healthy thyroid tissue
- Good cosmetic results
- Easy to control penetration depth
- Treatment can be repeated as needed
- Suitable for risk patients