Welcome to biolitec®‘s trendsetting laser systems for minimally invasive organ- and as well function-preserving treatment of benign thyroid noduls.
During the laser thermal ablation, similar to a biopsy with ultrasound monitoring, the special ThyLA fiber is introduced into the thyroid nodule to coagulate the nodular tissue through selective radiation. The method is the so-called “multiple overlapping shot technique” (moving shot technique) ‒ to enable a homogeneous and controlled penetration depth and, at the same time, an excellent ultrasound view: The ThyLA fiber is replaced intranodally after each pulse. Thus multiple coagulative necroses are placed, and the entire nodule is treated.
- High effectiveness, reduction of the nodule volume by about 50 % after three months
- Outpatient treatment
- Protection and preservation of healthy thyroid tissue
- Good cosmetic results
- Easy to control penetration depth
- Treatment can be repeated as needed
- Suitable for risk patients